We’ve made many tools available to developers. Follow the steps below to start building your first application using the MyBuilding.org API:
- Register for a user account
- Retrieve your API key.
- Browse the documentation.
- Join our community if you have any questions.
We provide a different API URL for communities hosted on our older product (v1), and a different API URL for communities hosted on our main application:
To access the API for v1 communities, use http://api.v1.mybuilding.org as the main URL.
To access the API for v2 communities, use http://api.mybuilding.org as the main URL.
Any notes and comments regarding difference behavior between v1 & v2 are noted in the API documentation of the functions.
For companies that already have existing identifiers for units & tenants, it’s possible to use the Corporate Identifiers as function arguments:
- Use the corporateCommunityId parameter instead of the communityId parameter.
- Use corporateUnitId parameter instead of the unit parameter.
- Use corporateTenantId parameter instead of the residentId parameter.